- Approved for the automative industry.
- Other fields of applications are lighting fixtures, solar technology, domestic appliances, home entertainment, telecommunications, medical devices, data processing, aerospace, building fittings, etc.
Cost effective and flexible:
- Cost effective basic machine and toolset.
- Easy product upgrading possible at any time because of wide range of toolsets.
- Different toolset sizes possible in working with one kind of spliceband.
- Only few wear parts.
Development edge and service:
- Support in phase of design from customer application by Autosplice.
- First customer samples from Autosplice free of charge.
- Consequently a quick solution in way of connection.
High production speed:
- Up to 2300 connections per hour.
- High productivity within short time of initial training.
- Eliminates the need for highly skilled labor.
Waste-free and eco-friendly:
- 100% of spliceband material is used.
- Environmentally friendly spliceband material.
For the highest quality requirements:
Using magnet-piercing spliceband, the splice system will produce a connection of an unstripped magnet wire directly to wire or component. This eliminates the need for prestripping.
- Gas tight connection
- No cold solder joint
- No head impact to the components
- No stiffening to the wire
- Extremely low electrical resistance
- Resistant against vibrations and shocks
- Resistant against corrosion
- Small space requirement
By application of general standards, for example:
- UL 486 C
- IEC 60352-2
- MIL - STD 202I
- IPC / WHMA-A-620
For normal applications “ M “ Serrations
For insulation piercing on magnet wire applications
Spliceband is a continuous reel of crimping material that is cut and formed in the applicator tooling to produce a finished crimp. The spliceband underside is specially serrated to ensure the electrical and mechanical performance of the crimp connection. According to different operational areas various spliceband dimensions and materials are available, see table:
One reel of spliceband contains up to 190,000 crimps.
| Spliceband Range
|| Field of application |
| Brass blank
|| General purpose up to +120 C°|
| Brass tin plated
|| General purpose up to +120 C° |
recommended for presoldered components
| Copper nickel blank
|| Resist corrosion|
Applications up to +260C°
| Stainless steel
|| Resist corrosion |
Applications over 260C°
| Customer specified
|| Manufacturing on request|
| Dimensions: Spliceband is available in the width 2mm, 4mm, 6mm and in the thickness between 0.25mm and 0.50mm|